Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Business
- CyberCamp aims to teach Nevada County students cyber security skills
- Dying wish shows special love between two people at Right Hand Auburn Homeless Shelter
- Grass Valley wreck UPDATE: CHP officer rear-ended, flown to hospital
- Study looks to quantify Nevada County's pot economy
- 'Back to balance and harmony': Bowen Therapy offers alternative options to repair the body