The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has proposed taking away Endangered Species Act protection from gray wolves in the lower 48 states as early as this month. This comes after nearly 1,000 gray wolves have been killed by hunting or trapping in the northern Rocky mountains since they were removed from protection by the act in Montana, Wyoming and Idaho.
Protect the gray wolf
Trending in: Business
- AT&T expands network in Grass Valley area
- Serra Corporation to close Nevada City manufacturing operations
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- The 411 for apartment investors