The Alexander Technique offers lasting help for back pain, neck and shoulder stiffness, hand problems, hip stiffness, imbalance and breathing. Students learn to help themselves. Nora Nausbaum is offering a workshop on the Alexander Technique from 3 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 10 at Mt. View Rehab, 380 Sierra College Dr. in Grass Valley. The technique is a 100-year-old method that gets to the root of stiffness and pain. There are no exercises, nor is it massage. Help comes through observing and altering habits that contract the spine and joints. Hands-on guidance and verbal direction is used to help people change. Kinesthetic awareness is raised using everyday movements such as bending, sitting, standing, reaching, using the computer, playing an instrument, cutting vegetables etc.
Alexander Technique Workshop
Trending in: Business
- Siri tries to get involved in conversation
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- 2 organizations sponsor time management workshops
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley adoption center named Woman-owned Business of the Year