I am a member of Tom Brokaw’s “The Greatest Generation.” I served in the U.S. Navy from 1943 to 1946 as a photographer gunner aboard a Jeep carrier U.S.S. Shamrock Bay, CVE 64. Following my discharge, I attended Fenn College (now Cleveland State University) under the G.I. Bill, where I received a B.S. in chemistry. The significance is that never in the history of our country was there ever such a socio-economic change resulting in a great middle class that changed the structure of our middle class society. We can never turn back.
No turning back
Trending in: Business
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- AT&T expands network in Grass Valley area
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- Serra Corporation to close Nevada City manufacturing operations