With the majority of the work complete on the nearly $30 million project to widen Highway 49 south of Grass Valley at the intersection of La Barr Meadows Road, the California agency overseeing its construction has blind-sided local officials with a request for an added $840,000 to cover over-budgeted expenses.
Blind-sided: Highway 49 project $840K over budget
Trending in: Business
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley adoption center named Woman-owned Business of the Year
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- Learning at the speed of life