Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
December 10, 2012 | Back to: Business
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Business
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Police Blotter: Biker attacks boy, dehydrated pregnant woman
- Home at last: School helps celebrate foster children's new 'forever family'
- County launches seasonal efforts to remove illegal roadside vendors
- Honoring exceptional care, compassion