Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
Meals on Wheels seeks volunteers
Trending in: Business
- Man arrested after crashing into Cottage Hill School playground
- Couple charged in gold, welfare fraud cases offered plea deal
- Homeless people in Nevada County discuss their problems, offer possible solutions to their plight
- Beyond the county: France scolds Putin, Oregon shooting veteran gunned down
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bear River outlasts Sutter, 21-14