A non-traditional bird house creation by Wanda Dunn of Penn Valley took the Best of Show award for the gingerbread house contest held in conjunction with the 2012 Country Christmas Faire held at the Nevada County Fairgrounds November 23 through 25. The gingerbread birdhouse was a traditional shape but was unusual in its use of decoration materials, which included three type of rice, green peas, various seeds and grains, cranberries, popped popcorn, pink peppercorns, and rosemary. “It has a realistic organic look to it and was fun and challenging to create, “ said Dunn. It will be on display at the South Yuba Club in Grass Valley for a week, then at Tess’ Kitchen Store through most of December.
Bird house wins annual gingerbread house contest
Trending in: Business
- Byers Enterprises installs solar panels in Mill St. building
- State to fund Nevada County Courthouse feasibility study
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley's Gold Country Hearing is loud and clear
- Blue Lead Mine appeal on tap for vote Tuesday at Nevada County supervisors meeting
- George Boardman: Nevada City lets everybody else in the county do the firefighting