As a public school educator, I’m constantly feeling the pressure of the state budget crisis — the only given each year is that the state will ask us to do more with less. Good news is a rarity when it comes to resources. But recently a representative from the California Retired Teacher’s Association came to one of our staff meetings, gave us words of encouragement and raffled off two checks for $100! A colleague and I left that staff meeting with $100 to spend on our classrooms. It was like Christmas!
Thanks to the CRTA
Trending in: Business
- Networked Insurance Agents’ move signals a fresh start
- AT&T expands network in Grass Valley area
- Local dentist earns associate fellowship in national academy
- Meet Your Merchant: Consignments Unlimited in Grass Valley
- Serra Corporation to close Nevada City manufacturing operations