Many people confuse productivity with activity. Productive people don’t make that mistake. Sure they work hard and they work smart. It’s not that the average person doesn’t get things done, it’s that the productive people get the right things done and accomplish more meaningful achievements. Highly productive people are also very aware of what qualities profoundly affect their performance. People that make a difference in their communities, companies and families consistently dance in these nine qualities.
1. They envision their success. They formulate a clear vision of what success looks like to them and create an action plan to move in the direction of its achievement. They celebrate the accomplishments of milestones along the way.
2. No matter what, they strive to always do their best. They embrace doing their best even on a bad day. They understand they may not always perform at their highest level if they are feeling under the weather or suffering a setback. However, they make the most out of the song that may be currently playing.
3. They understand solutions and creativity just don’t appear. They believe solutions mostly come from being engaged and doing. They trust that doing begets more exposure and opportunity for solutions to come about.
4. They know what is important. They are clear about their values and the order they are in. Because they are clear, their decisions are easy. That saves time.
5. They feel the fear and do it anyway. They know anyone hoping to achieve great things gets nervous and scared. It’s not that productive people are any braver than others; they just find their courage to keep moving forward. Having a clear vision of what success looks like helps pull them through.
6. They are focused. They focus on progress rather than perfection for they know seeking perfection can prevent things from ever coming about.
7. They ask for and appreciate help. They know it takes strength and courage to ask for help; it is not a sign of weakness. They want to help others and they believe others want to help them.
8. They are lifelong learners. They understand the world and the things in it are always changing and evolving. They don’t rest on any one accomplishment. They are captivated with growing, changing, becoming more.
9. They are intentional. Everything they do is on purpose and with purpose. They say yes to what matters and no to the distractions.
We just celebrated Independence day. To gain more freedom in your life, I challenge you to start weaving these nine qualities into your daily living and celebrate becoming more productive. Make it up, make it fun and make it happen!
Machen P. MacDonald, CPCC, CCSC is a certified life and strategic business coach with ProBrilliance Leadership Institute in Grass Valley. He helps business people gain more confidence and clarity to live their ideal life. He can be reached at email@example.com and 530-273-8000 or visit http://probrillilance.com.