Vielbigs celebrate 60 years
October 2, 2013
Peg and Joe Vielbig of Eskaton Village in Grass Valley celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary by taking an Alaskan cruise/
They spent a week in Anchorage with Peg's family, the Dodds, and their son, Eric, and his wife, Melody, from Boulder, Colo. The group took a three-day trip to Mt. McKinley Park. Peg and Joe were married in Anchorage on Sept. 6, 1953. Peg was raised from age 2 in Anchorage, while Joe was from Valparaiso, Chile.
The couple met while attending Whitman College in Washington. Joe's career was in manufacturing and wholesale distribution and Peg worked as a chemist and special education teacher.
After 19 years of traveling in their RV, they now enjoy short road trips and local activities.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges