December 26, 2013
Thomas Curtis, a Nevada County native and graduate of Nevada Union High School, class of 2004, has recently been promoted to rank of full lieutenant in the United States Navy.
After graduating with an engineering degree from UCLA in 2009, Thomas was commissioned as an officer in the Navy and attended the Naval Nuclear Power and Submarine Schools. He currently is assigned to the USS Tucson, a Los Angeles Class Fast Attack Nuclear Submarine, and is deployed at sea in the western Pacific.
Thomas is the son of Jim and Mary Curtis of Nevada County.
Trending In: Announcements
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later