Tellams celebrate 50 years
September 16, 2013
Joe and Shirley Tellam celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Aug. 3 with 115 guests at Humpty Dumpty Kitchen. The Tellams met in 1961 at Memorial Park in Grass Valley and married in August of 1963. Both are graduates of Nevada Union High School — Joe in 1959 and Shirley in 1962. The couple has one daughter, Sherry Chargin; a son-in-law, Jim Chargin; and a granddaughter, Brenna.
The couple has traveled to all 50 states and overseas. They are looking forward to many more years together.
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers