Summer Thyme’s to host fundraiser for PiELL
July 23, 2013
Summer Thyme's Bakery and Deli will host a fundraiser for Partners in English Language Learning from 2 to 5 p.m. Aug. 10, featuring fun music, delicious food and the good feeling of supporting a good cause.
Amy Cooke, owner of Summer Thyme's is a supporter of PiELL, which offers free, one-on-one tutoring to adults wishing to improve their English skills. Cooke will contribute 10 percent of the day's earnings to PiELL. Summer Thyme's offers coffee drinks, pastries, quiche and gourmet salads and sandwiches, among other dishes. Local band Purdon's Crossing, which performs an eclectic mix of bluegrass, old jazz and originals, will play and donate its tips and pay for the day, as well.
PiELL is a nonprofit based in Grass Valley with one part-time employee and an all-volunteer board of directors and tutor base. It is dependent on grants and donations to continue its important work. Summer Thyme's is located at 421 Colfax Ave., Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial