Summer Thyme’s to host fundraiser for PiELL
July 23, 2013
Summer Thyme's Bakery and Deli will host a fundraiser for Partners in English Language Learning from 2 to 5 p.m. Aug. 10, featuring fun music, delicious food and the good feeling of supporting a good cause.
Amy Cooke, owner of Summer Thyme's is a supporter of PiELL, which offers free, one-on-one tutoring to adults wishing to improve their English skills. Cooke will contribute 10 percent of the day's earnings to PiELL. Summer Thyme's offers coffee drinks, pastries, quiche and gourmet salads and sandwiches, among other dishes. Local band Purdon's Crossing, which performs an eclectic mix of bluegrass, old jazz and originals, will play and donate its tips and pay for the day, as well.
PiELL is a nonprofit based in Grass Valley with one part-time employee and an all-volunteer board of directors and tutor base. It is dependent on grants and donations to continue its important work. Summer Thyme's is located at 421 Colfax Ave., Grass Valley.
Trending In: Announcements
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later