July 11, 2013
Janet and Russell Sisson of Alta Sierra are delighted to announce the engagement of their daughter, Holly Sisson, to Travis Thane. The future groom's parents are Peggie Cathie of Sommerset and Donn Thane of Grass Valley. He graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1998 and went to study at Chico State University and Washington Institute, where he obtained a degree in fire management. Thane currently works for the U.S. Forest Service as a fuels specialist. The bride-to-be graduated from Bear River High School in 2005 and went on to study at Sonoma State University. She currently works as a park interpretive specialist at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park in Coloma.
The wedding will be June 20, 2014, at Empire Mine State Historic Park in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Announcements
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed