November 21, 2012
Jack and Sharon (Green) Richardson of Grass Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary July 22.
The couple was married in 1962 in Eureka, Calif. Jack retired from Nevada Union High School after teaching art for 30 years.
He continues his long career as a stone turner and sculptor, working daily in his studio and exhibiting his work in art shows throughout the country.
Sharon is retired from Sierra College's Nevada County campus. She is a member of St. Patrick Church in Grass Valley.
She also oversees the paperwork for Jack's business and travels the country to art shows.
The couple met in Eureka when Sharon was 13 and Jack was 16.
They were married at St. Bernard Church in Eureka July 22, 1962.
They moved to Grass Valley initially as newlyweds as Jack was stationed at Beale Air Force Base and moved back after college to begin Jack's teaching career at Nevada Union High School.
They celebrated their anniversary with an Alaskan cruise with their son Adam Richardson and his daughter Alexis of Grass Valley, and their daughter Heather Lacey, her husband Eric Harper and their children Julia, Clara, Mason and Emerson of Longmont, Colo.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire