November 21, 2012
Jack and Sharon (Green) Richardson of Grass Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary July 22.
The couple was married in 1962 in Eureka, Calif. Jack retired from Nevada Union High School after teaching art for 30 years.
He continues his long career as a stone turner and sculptor, working daily in his studio and exhibiting his work in art shows throughout the country.
Sharon is retired from Sierra College's Nevada County campus. She is a member of St. Patrick Church in Grass Valley.
She also oversees the paperwork for Jack's business and travels the country to art shows.
The couple met in Eureka when Sharon was 13 and Jack was 16.
They were married at St. Bernard Church in Eureka July 22, 1962.
They moved to Grass Valley initially as newlyweds as Jack was stationed at Beale Air Force Base and moved back after college to begin Jack's teaching career at Nevada Union High School.
They celebrated their anniversary with an Alaskan cruise with their son Adam Richardson and his daughter Alexis of Grass Valley, and their daughter Heather Lacey, her husband Eric Harper and their children Julia, Clara, Mason and Emerson of Longmont, Colo.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana