Mitchell-Tillman marry and elder Mitchells celebrate 66 years
August 7, 2013
Mitchell and Tillman
When it came time for Kimberly Mitchell and Tymmothy Tillman, both of Nampa, Idaho, to choose their wedding date, they decided on June 14, Kimberly's paternal grandparents' 66th wedding anniversary.
The bride is pursuing a career in health care, and the groom is employed by the Idaho State National Guard.
After returning from the Navy in World War II, Leroy Mitchell met Doris Cole in a lumber town near Bakersfield. They became engaged and married in Nevada City.
Longtime residents of Grass Valley, Leroy worked in the lumber industry at the Omega Mill and Spring Hill Planing Mill.
He worked in construction and eventually retired from Hanson Bros. Both Leroy and Doris have been active in American Legion Post 130 and Auxiliary, GVFD and, until a few years ago, they sold honey at growers markets and at Cornish Christmas.
Trending In: Announcements
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed