Melchings of Lake Wildwood celebrate 70 years of marriage
March 21, 2013
Jean and Ward Melching of Lake Wildwood celebrated their 70th anniversary on March 30, 2013.
The couple was married in 1943 in Los Angeles while Ward was serving in the U.S. Navy. Ward attended UCLA while Jean stayed home to raise their three children, Carl, Patti and Paul. The family has always enjoyed sailing, bicycling, and traveling.
The Melchings moved to Lake Wildwood upon Ward’s retirement in 1987, where he still enjoys bicycling, bowling and the outdoors. The couple enjoys spending time with their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location