Melchings of Lake Wildwood celebrate 70 years of marriage
March 21, 2013
Jean and Ward Melching of Lake Wildwood celebrated their 70th anniversary on March 30, 2013.
The couple was married in 1943 in Los Angeles while Ward was serving in the U.S. Navy. Ward attended UCLA while Jean stayed home to raise their three children, Carl, Patti and Paul. The family has always enjoyed sailing, bicycling, and traveling.
The Melchings moved to Lake Wildwood upon Ward's retirement in 1987, where he still enjoys bicycling, bowling and the outdoors. The couple enjoys spending time with their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Announcements
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo