December 3, 2012
McGrady and Redeker
Fifty friends and family members gathered on Oct. 21 to celebrate the marriage of Kay McGrady and Rick Redeker.
The marriage ceremony was performed at Carmella and Steve Miller's Deer Creek Park home in Nevada City.
Officiating was the bride's cousin John Sublett. The maid of honor was longtime friend Pati Kenney of Rescue, Calif.
The best man was the groom's son Scott Redeker of Idylwild, Calif.
The bride was given away by her brother, Don MacLeod of Sunnyvale, Calif.
The bride and groom were raised in Palo Alto, Calif. and both attended Walter Hayes Elementary School, Jordan Junior High, Palo Alto High School and San Jose State, but never traveled in the same circles.
It wasn't until their 50th high school reunion that they finally "met" and began their 15-year romance.
The newlyweds plan to visit the coast, family and friends and perhaps get in a few rounds of what they laughingly refer to as golf.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws