September 2, 2013
Jessica Madden and Kennen Morris were married June 15 at the Alta Sierra Country Club in Grass Valley. The Rev. Paul Bridges officiated. The ceremony was held outside on the lawn, with approximately 100 guests attending with an indoor reception.
The bride is the daughter of Tamra Madden of Grass Valley and the late Thomas Madden.
She will graduate from Sierra College in the spring 2014 with a degree in liberal arts and early childhood development.
The groom is the son of Jeff and Susie Morris of Grass Valley. He graduated from Sierra College in 2012 with a degree in administration of justice.
The maid of honor was the bride's sister, Tara Bartlett, and the bridesmaid was a longtime childhood friend of the bride, Jennifer Torry.
The best man was Tyler Dentinger, the groom's best friend, and the groomsman was Jordan Mosbarger, longtime childhood friend of the groom.
Patrick Webster, the bride's nephew, was the ring bearer, and Ava Gates, the bride's niece, was the flower girl.
The bride was escorted by her brother, Jacob Bartlett.
A Celtic handfasting was included in the ceremony.
The couple honeymooned in Maui and will reside in Grass Valley.
Trending In: Announcements
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say