Gilberts celebrate 70 years
August 1, 2013
Leamon and June Gilbert celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary on July 13 at Eskaton Village in Grass Valley.
They were married in Conyers, Ga., on July 13, 1943.
The Gilberts, originally from Atlanta, lived in Pensacola, Fla.; Atlanta; Sharon, Mass.; Pittsburgh, Pa.; and Morris Plains, N.J. before moving to Grass Valley in 2009.
The couple raised five children and now have 10 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Family members from New Jersey, Arizona, San Diego, San Francisco, Davis, Roseville and Nevada County — as well as nearby friends — joined the Gilberts at the home of their daughter and son-in-law, Doc and Cheryl Dachtler, for a gala dinner party on July 20 that honored their marriage.
Trending In: Announcements
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later