January 6, 2013
Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Garrett L. Keck has graduated from the U.S. Navy's Nuclear Power School at Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in Goose Creek, South Carolina.
Nuclear Power School is a rigorous six-month course that trains officer and enlisted students in the science and engineering fundamental to the design, operation, and maintenance of naval nuclear propulsion plants.
Graduates next undergo additional instruction at a prototype training unit before serving as a Surface Warfare Officer aboard a nuclear-powered surface ship or as an Electronics Technician aboard a nuclear-powered submarine.
Keck is the son of William Keck and stepson of DeeAnna Keck, both of Grass Valley. He is a 2011 graduate of Bear River High School.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death