Gannons celebrate 50 years
September 16, 2013
Don and Carolyn Gannon celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday, Aug. 10. They celebrated on Aug. 3 with family and friends at a party hosted by their children, Kathyleen Bishop of Chico and Pam Sawyer and Carl Gannon, both of Grass Valley.
The Gannons were married in Santa Paula, Calif., in 1963. They eloped during their lunch break when Carolyn was working for the phone company and Don was a construction worker. The Gannons lived in Southern California before relocating to Grass Valley in 1978. In 1981, they moved in Rough and Ready, where they live today. Don recently retired from the Rough and Ready Fire Dept. after 27 years as fire chief. Carolyn continues to work as a secretary for the fire department.
The Gannons have six grandchildren — Chase, Christopher, Andrew, Isabelle, Madeline and Josephine. They also have three step-grandchildren — Ben, Nick and Shaunda; as well as two sons-in-law, Ray Sawyer and Roy Bishop.
The Gannons plan to take a vacation this fall to continue their celebration.
Trending In: Announcements
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball