November 13, 2013
Pastor Hilton and Linda Smith of Rough and Ready are pleased to announce the engagement of their daughter, Melissa Smith, to Michael Happs, son of Kenneth and Brenda Happs of Grass Valley.
The couple met at their church, Rough and Ready Baptist.
The future bride is a home-school graduate from Faith Christian and has completed a bachelor's degree in theology from Gulf Coast Bible Institute.
She is employed as a nanny and piano teacher.
The future groom is a graduate of Silver Springs High School and has earned a diploma of ministry from Rough and Ready Bible Institute.
He is currently a lance corporal in the United States Marine Corps and is employed at Measurement Specialties.
A March 2014 wedding is planned.
Trending In: Announcements
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday