October 24, 2013
Richard Jackson and Joy Waggener of Nevada City are pleased to announce the engagement of their son, Philip T. Jackson, to Alyssa Q. Edman, daughter of Laird and Sally Edman of Orange City, Iowa.
Jackson graduated as valedictorian of the Nevada Union High School Class of 2008.
He went on to earn a bachelor's degree (magna cum laude) from Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service where he majored in international politics with a focus on Security Studies.
He is currently serving as a second lieutenant in the U.S. Army assigned to the Military Intelligence branch.
The future bride is a graduate of Wheaton College, Ill., where she majored in International Relations. The couple met when she was employed at the State Department in Washington, D.C.
The wedding will take place in Orange City, Iowa, on Nov. 30, 2013, and the newlyweds will then move to Ft. Riley, Kan., where Jackson will serve with the 1st Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed