Cosbys celebrate 50 years
May 29, 2014
And they said it would never last. Yes, those naysayers in the San Francisco bar where Stan and Gerry Cosby met had no idea that the Cosbys would not only outlive most of them, but be happily married for 50 years.
A native New Yorker, Gerry fell in love with San Francisco and Stan, a native Californian, and the two were married in 1964 at Old St. Mary's Church in Chinatown, which was followed by a reception at the Cliff House.
They have three daughters and six grandchildren.
The couple plans to celebrate in Jamaica this month. Their three daughters and families, as well as other family members arriving from France, will gather together at Tahoe for a week in the summer to celebrate, as well.
Trending In: Announcements
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball