Carters celebrate 50 years
April 1, 2014
Gene and Linda (Pierson) Carter of Grass Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on March 20, 2014.
Gene first laid eyes on Linda at the drive-in movies and asked her brother Richard to introduce them. He always has said he knew right there it was love at first sight, and she was the woman he wanted to be with forever.
They were married on March 20, 1964, in Olympia, Wash. After finishing his service in the Army, the Carters moved to San Jose, where Gene worked in drywall and Linda as a secretary.
In 1980, they moved to Grass Valley. They have two children, Kyra and Terry.
Together they enjoy family, friends, classic cars, car shows, gardening and their dogs.
Trending In: Announcements
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier