Bodenhams celebrate 60 years
January 3, 2013
Ron and Maryann (Crudele) Bodenham of Grass Valley celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Nov. 22 with a vow renewal and special tributes to family members.
The Bodenhams were married in 1952 in Reno, Nev. Both Ron and Maryann attended schools in Oakland, Calif., including Castlemont High School. They were introduced by mutual friends.
Ron entered the Merchant Marines at age 16, with two tours in Alaska and the Bering Sea. During Ron's tours he and Maryann corresponded. By the time he returned home, he knew she was the "one" and proposed.
During the early years of their marriage, they introduced their children to fun, adventurous family camping trips. Later they began traveling the U.S. in their RV and enjoyed multiple international cruises.
After Ron's retirement from PG&E, where he worked for 34 years, the couple relocated from the Bay Area to Grass Valley. The Bodenhams have two children, Michael Bodenham and Sheri Venard, four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death