Becks celebrate 70 years
December 18, 2012
Ray and Velda Beck of Penn Valley celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary Oct. 5. The couple was married in Bakersfield in 1942 in the Little Chapel of Sacred Memories. Ray is a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was aboard the U.S.S. Tennessee on Battleship Row during the attack. He was also aboard the U.S.S. Missouri at the signing of the Peace Treaty in Tokyo Bay.
A career Navy man, Ray saw action in Korea and Vietnam as well. Velda was a stay-at-home mom who was active with her children in the PTA, Cub Scouts, Brownies and 4-H. She also enjoyed community theater and bowling. The couple had four children, Nancy, Randy, Greg and the late Theresa Beck, who they lost to leukemia in 1996. The Becks also have three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed