Becks celebrate 70 years
December 18, 2012
Ray and Velda Beck of Penn Valley celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary Oct. 5. The couple was married in Bakersfield in 1942 in the Little Chapel of Sacred Memories. Ray is a Pearl Harbor survivor. He was aboard the U.S.S. Tennessee on Battleship Row during the attack. He was also aboard the U.S.S. Missouri at the signing of the Peace Treaty in Tokyo Bay.
A career Navy man, Ray saw action in Korea and Vietnam as well. Velda was a stay-at-home mom who was active with her children in the PTA, Cub Scouts, Brownies and 4-H. She also enjoyed community theater and bowling. The couple had four children, Nancy, Randy, Greg and the late Theresa Beck, who they lost to leukemia in 1996. The Becks also have three grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local