Anniversary: Ed and Peggy Ditmars
March 9, 2013
Ed and Peggy Ditmars
Ed and Peggy Ditmars are celebrating their 66th anniversary today, as well as Ed's 91st birthday Feb. 17.
The couple was married in 1947 on Valentine's Day in San Francisco. They made their first home in Santa Cruz, where their three children, Bill, Jack and Tina, were born. Ed served for five years in the Army during World War II. He then went on to work for Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Company in Santa Cruz until he was transferred to Sacramento in 1962.
The Ditmars lived in Loomis until Ed's retirement in 1980, then spent nearly 17 years in Garberville. In 1997, the couple moved to Nevada County to be closer to their daughter and is enjoying their sunset years in Penn Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Announcements
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial