A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Announcements
- Club News of Nevada County
- Ohpir Hill Fire open house
- And God said: Let there be entertainment
- Shred to support Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Interfaith hosts open house for new facility