The decision of the Cyprus government to take money from people’s bank accounts has us wondering … “Can this happen here?” Their finance minister stated that depositors with over $129,000 could possibly see as much as 80 percent of their money seized. As more European countries fail and declare bankruptcy we wonder if the same scenario will apply to us if our government doesn’t get its finances in order.
Is Europe our future?
Trending in: Announcements
- Club News, March 8, 2014
- Marriage licenses
- Wedding: Frisa-LeVan
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteer Nevada County
- Man reportedly tried to lure girl into SUV in Nevada County
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop
- Thinner Winners: Partcipants shed more than 1,000 pounds
- Police blotter: Girl selling cookies a cause for concern
- Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Hermansen supports new computer-based testing