Nok Becker of Nevada City is thrilled to announce the recent engagement of her daughter Anida Becker, to Florin Florea. The couple currently resides in Santa Cruz, Calif. The bride-to-be is a service manager for Wells Fargo and the future groom is a firefighter for the City of San Jose. On March 22, 2013, the couple was on the island of Kauai at the Kalamaku Luau, when Florea knelt down on one knee in front of hundreds of people and asked Becker to be his wife. The couple is planning a spring 2014 wedding in the Bay Area and an orthodox wedding in Romania where the groom’s family resides.
Trending in: Announcements
- LOWELL FIRE: Cal Fire reassessment redraws map to 1,500 acres, 15 percent containment (PHOTOS) (VIDEO)
- LOWELL FIRE: 20 percent containment, 1,700 acres; several injured firefighters released (VIDEO)
- YOUR SHOTS: Grass Valley, Nevada City community on high alert over Lowell Fire
- UPDATE: Air quality worsened Sunday from Lowell Fire smoke
- Norm Sauer: Catastrophic fire an imminent danger to all