Nok Becker of Nevada City is thrilled to announce the recent engagement of her daughter Anida Becker, to Florin Florea. The couple currently resides in Santa Cruz, Calif. The bride-to-be is a service manager for Wells Fargo and the future groom is a firefighter for the City of San Jose. On March 22, 2013, the couple was on the island of Kauai at the Kalamaku Luau, when Florea knelt down on one knee in front of hundreds of people and asked Becker to be his wife. The couple is planning a spring 2014 wedding in the Bay Area and an orthodox wedding in Romania where the groom’s family resides.
Trending in: Announcements
- Twenty years later, questions still linger in Sam Strange double-homicide case that shook Nevada County
- PG&E employee who died while working has been identified
- Grass Valley resident seeks to promote responsible use of public land
- Five Yuba River swimming holes to beat the summer heat in western Nevada County
- Nevada County marijuana: County releases draft grow ordinance