Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Announcements
- Housing element project critics want Nevada County to cast wider net for high density housing (INTERACTIVE MAP)
- Western Nevada County community supports family in racial incident
- Grass Valley trucker arrested on child sex charges
- Power outage impacts more than 3,500 in western Nevada County Wednesday
- 'All about love:' Mitch Adams to live on in hearts and minds of community, and in donation recipients