I was in the audience recently at the board of supervisors when Doyel Shamley made his presentation. Please note that the “call” to attend was a concern about property rights and government regulations. At least half of the crowd were not residents of Nevada County. The main theme of Mr. Shamley’s presentation was, in essence, to say the way to avoid fire hazards is to remove any restrictions to cutting and let the logging industries have at it. Thus, we will have more jobs, and more money goes to schools. Of course, no forest left … no forest fires!
A deal with the devil?
Trending in: Announcements
- Club News of Nevada County
- Ohpir Hill Fire open house
- Interfaith hosts open house for new facility
- And God said: Let there be entertainment
- Shred to support Big Brothers Big Sisters