Ashley Braswell and Zachary Eckhardt are happy to announce their engagement on Feb. 9 on the beach of Santa Cruz. Braswell is the daughter of Ron Braswell and Chyrise Ritchey of Grass Valley and a 2010 graduate of Nevada Union High School. She will be graduating in March of 2014 with her nursing license. Eckhardt is the son of William and Michelle Eckhardt of Penn Valley and a 2003 graduate of NU. He has been a firefighter for the past six years, the last three in Plumas County. He plans to attend medic school after the wedding. The couple has been together since April of 2011. They are both very active and love to be outdoors. Every year the couple has a tradition of spending a weekend in San Francisco at a couple of Giants baseball games and visiting the Shark Tank at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif. The couple plans to wed in April of 2015.
Trending in: Announcements
- Playing for Anna: Lady Falcons play championship game with heavy hearts
- CHP arrest man on marijuana sales, transportation charges
- 'Everyday' Nevada County psychic stars in film trailer for potential reality TV pilot
- Police blotter: Multiple vehicle break-ins reported in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley's Lyman Gilmore School celebrates namesake during Flight Day