Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
- Police chase ends with stolen car crashed, 2 arrested
- Anti-Agenda 21 author tells Grass Valley to seize control
- Elderly driver unhurt after driving through store window
- Nevada County climber survives 60-foot drop from Tahoe cliff
- Reported drunk driver hits officers’ cars as they arrest other alleged drunk driver (UPDATE)