Joy and Madness, an eight-piece funk and soul band formerly known as The Nibblers, will bring its funky sounds to Cooper’s Aleworks at 9 p.m. Saturday. Performing a blend of obscure soul b-sides and funky new originals, the band has recently rejoined its original lead singer, Hans Eberbach, and made Cooper’s its jumping-off point to full release. The Sacramento-based group will bring the funk Saturday at 235 Commercial St. in Nevada City. For information about the band, go to http://joyandmadness.com.
- Nevada County Sheriff’s Office arrests man on possession of burglary tools after altercation
- Animal Control seizes horses from property due to alleged neglect
- Camera system from Nevada County startup to fly over NFL game
- NU students get sneak peek at Internet Gigabit Launch
- Fire units contain structure fire near Grass Valley clinic