If you knit, crochet, weave or felt with natural fibers, the Gold Country Gathering alpaca show is hosting a Fiber Arts competition the weekend of October 20-21. Entries must be made from at least 50 percent alpaca. There is no entry fee. Ribbons and cash prizes awarded. Peoples’ Choice judging is done with ballots. Entry forms must be postmarked by Oct. 9. Deliver your item(s) to the event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds (near the horse barns and cow barns) Oct. 19 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pick up items Oct. 21 between 2 and 4 p.m. Download entry forms and tags at www.calpaca.org/goldcountry/registration.htm.
September 28, 2012 | Back to: Announcements
Calling all fiber artists
Trending in: Announcements
- Community mourns Nevada Union student who died in hiking accident
- Police Blotter: Biker attacks boy, dehydrated pregnant woman
- Home at last: School helps celebrate foster children's new 'forever family'
- County launches seasonal efforts to remove illegal roadside vendors
- Honoring exceptional care, compassion