If you knit, crochet, weave or felt with natural fibers, the Gold Country Gathering alpaca show is hosting a Fiber Arts competition the weekend of October 20-21. Entries must be made from at least 50 percent alpaca. There is no entry fee. Ribbons and cash prizes awarded. Peoples’ Choice judging is done with ballots. Entry forms must be postmarked by Oct. 9. Deliver your item(s) to the event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds (near the horse barns and cow barns) Oct. 19 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pick up items Oct. 21 between 2 and 4 p.m. Download entry forms and tags at www.calpaca.org/goldcountry/registration.htm.
Calling all fiber artists
Trending in: Announcements
- Suspect ID'd in Grass Valley church assault
- Penn Valley man arrested after allegedly fleeing from, then ramming law enforcement vehicle
- Seven arrested, 840 plants seized at Smartsville marijuana grow
- Parachutist recovering after accident at Lake of the Pines Fourth of July celebration
- Summer hunger: Food bank's child feeding program in desperate need of donations