If you knit, crochet, weave or felt with natural fibers, the Gold Country Gathering alpaca show is hosting a Fiber Arts competition the weekend of October 20-21. Entries must be made from at least 50 percent alpaca. There is no entry fee. Ribbons and cash prizes awarded. Peoples’ Choice judging is done with ballots. Entry forms must be postmarked by Oct. 9. Deliver your item(s) to the event at the Nevada County Fairgrounds (near the horse barns and cow barns) Oct. 19 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pick up items Oct. 21 between 2 and 4 p.m. Download entry forms and tags at www.calpaca.org/goldcountry/registration.htm.
Calling all fiber artists
Trending in: Announcements
- Live feed of Grass Valley 4th of July Parade
- Female Grass Valley Police Department officers build bond
- Sexual allegation against Milhous Children's Services dismissed; facility's reporting still murky
- Parade, fireworks as Nevada County celebrates the Fourth
- Police blotter: Calelr reports bear in house on Banner Mountain