John and Marilyn Lightner of Big Oak Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on June 20, 2014. The couple first met at Long Beach State University in 1963. At the time, John was working for Texaco, Inc., and Marilyn was getting her teaching credential at the college. The Lightners were married in Redondo Beach in 1964 and raised three children — Christina, Lori and Ronald. In 1994, after retiring, the couple moved to Big Oak Valley, where they continue to enjoy family and good friends, their cows, yard work and the family pets.
Lightners celebrate 50 years
Trending in: Announcements
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Rich Ulery: On paper, county budget tells a different story
- Home Design: Lisa Quinn brings renowned experience to Nevada City home store
- Nevada County officials, medical marijuana advocates to gather for 2nd meeting