John and Marilyn Lightner of Big Oak Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on June 20, 2014. The couple first met at Long Beach State University in 1963. At the time, John was working for Texaco, Inc., and Marilyn was getting her teaching credential at the college. The Lightners were married in Redondo Beach in 1964 and raised three children — Christina, Lori and Ronald. In 1994, after retiring, the couple moved to Big Oak Valley, where they continue to enjoy family and good friends, their cows, yard work and the family pets.
Lightners celebrate 50 years
Trending in: Announcements
- Update: Suspected shooter ID'd, search called off near Washington
- Suspect in Alta Sierra vehicle arson arrested after chase
- Defendants take pleas in Washington Ridge drug-smuggling scheme
- Cannabis dispensary to be considered by Nevada City Council
- Nevada City Council moves forward with marijuana dispensary process