John and Marilyn Lightner of Big Oak Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on June 20, 2014. The couple first met at Long Beach State University in 1963. At the time, John was working for Texaco, Inc., and Marilyn was getting her teaching credential at the college. The Lightners were married in Redondo Beach in 1964 and raised three children — Christina, Lori and Ronald. In 1994, after retiring, the couple moved to Big Oak Valley, where they continue to enjoy family and good friends, their cows, yard work and the family pets.
Lightners celebrate 50 years
Trending in: Announcements
- Brian Hamilton: Believe it! Nevada City's Alexander Rossi races to first place in 100th Indianapolis 500 (TIMELINE)
- ALEXANDER ROSSI WINS INDIANAPOLIS 500! (TIMELINE)
- (TIMELINE) Follow along Alexander Rossi's journey of an American dream
- Nevada County supervisors tweak marijuana ballot language, say they'll repeal ban if June vote fails
- Andrew Wilson: Novel approach, not new law, needed on marijuana