John and Marilyn Lightner of Big Oak Valley celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on June 20, 2014. The couple first met at Long Beach State University in 1963. At the time, John was working for Texaco, Inc., and Marilyn was getting her teaching credential at the college. The Lightners were married in Redondo Beach in 1964 and raised three children — Christina, Lori and Ronald. In 1994, after retiring, the couple moved to Big Oak Valley, where they continue to enjoy family and good friends, their cows, yard work and the family pets.
Lightners celebrate 50 years
Trending in: Announcements
- Members launch campaign to keep doors of Grass Valley Elks Lodge open
- Brothers sentenced to life without parole for murder of Brian Spalding
- Camping in the backyard: Inn Town Campground in Nevada City set to open this summer
- Woman sentenced in drunken boating case
- New 'Extremely Moderate' group seeks to make grassroots change in Nevada County government