A 5K Walk/Jog Leukemia Fundraiser in honor of Bear River High School senior Austin Dowling will be at the school’s track April 6. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., and the 5K begins at 10 a.m. Imagine being 17 and having your senior year of high school put on hold to fight Leukemia. Dowling was blind-sided by this news Feb. 18 and since then has been in the hospital undergoing treatments with his family by his side. The community is invited to join friends and family for a fun-filled event to help raise funds to defray growing medical expenses. To register for the 5K, visit the Austin Dowling Public Event Facebook page. Donations can be sent to the Austin Dowling Leukemia Fund at El Dorado Savings Bank.
- Nevada Union teen dies as result of car crash injuries
- PREP FOOTBALL: Placer routs Nevada Union in season opener
- Pedestrian flown to Roseville after being hit by vehicle
- Q&A: Schnitzius brothers talk Nevada Union football, what it's like to be twins
- Community rallies around critically injured NU football player