A jury has found a North San Juan man accused of killing a mother bear and trying to give away its cubs guilty on three counts, but was hung on a fourth count. Christopher Puett had been charged with unlawful possession of a restricted animal, harassing an animal, unlawful taking of a bear and the taking of a female bear with cubs.
Jury finds North San Juan man guilty on three counts in bear cub case
Trending in: News
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Kellermanns honored as unsung heroes by Dalai Lama
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Nevada City man arrested in connection with domestic violence charges
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business