Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
- Nevada Union High School grad faces long recovery after injuries from burn accident
- Former Nevada Union High School star dives into US Olympic swim team trials
- Victim ID'd, homicide investigation continues
- Nevada City's Inn Town Campground to open for business July 1
- Nevada City's Alexander Rossi to receive hero's welcome at 50th annual Constitution Day Parade