The seventh annual Shoot for Christian 3-on-3 basketball tournament will tip off at 9 a.m. this Saturday at Nevada Union’s Albert Ali Gymnasium. The tournament boasts 36 teams in four different age groups, all competing in honor of Christian Craig who lost his life in an automobile accident in 2006. The tournament will run until 6 p.m. or a winner is declared in each division. There will be a snack shack and a raffle at the event with a pair of basketball shoes signed Jimmer Fredette listed as the grand prize.
- Reported honey oil lab leads to South County man's arrest
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- Off to Market: New-look Thursday Night Market returns to Grass Valley
- Plaintiffs in Nevada County ridgeline case object to judge's decision, argue in favor of monetary damages
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County