Santa’s elves were out this past weekend to deliver holiday gifts to 135 Nevada County homebound seniors as part of the Senior Outreach Holiday Cheer program. Thank you to all of our donors and volunteers who make this program possible, including American Legion Auxiliary Unit 130, A4AA, Craft Guild of Nevada County, Food Bank of Nevada County, Foothill Lions Club, Girl Scout Troops 185, 538, 939, GV Red Hat Crafters, Job’s Daughters, Key Club Bitney College Prep, Kitchen Crew Juvenile Hall, Lambda Ladies Club, Micah Group, Not 2 Square Weavers, Patchwork Pals, RSVP/HelpLine Staff/Volunteers, Sierra Center for Positive Living, Soroptimist International Sierra Foothills, Tech Publications Dept., Blue Shield Calif., Twin Cities Church Small Bible Study Group, elves from Human Service agencies and many more caring individuals. Again, thank you for your time and support, you are greatly appreciated and have brought much joy to these seniors. You have shown that the real spirit of Christmas is giving to others.
Trending in: News
- Man reportedly tried to lure girl into SUV in Nevada County
- Modesto couple arrested for check forgery after Grass Valley traffic stop
- Thinner Winners: Partcipants shed more than 1,000 pounds
- Police blotter: Girl selling cookies a cause for concern
- Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Hermansen supports new computer-based testing