WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama returned to the White House on Thursday from a vacation shortened by government gridlock while Democrats and Republicans snarled across a partisan divide and showed no sign of compromise to avoid year-end tax increases and spending cuts.
Obama back, Congress bickers as cliff nears
Trending in: News
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Scotch Broom closes its Nevada City doors after 43 years in business
- President of Pleasant Valley Elementary School Parent Club accused of embezzlement
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges