Child Advocates of Nevada County will be holding its annual Holiday See’s candy sale through Dec. 24. The See’s store is located in the Pine Creek center on Freeman Lane next to Dollar Tree. Look for the signs. Store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until Christmas. The sale of See’s candy is the organization’s biggest fundraiser and all proceeds benefit Child Advocates’ programs to help Nevada County’s children grow up free from abuse and neglect. For additional information or for quantity or business sales, contact their office at (530) 265-9550, ext. 221.
- Pouring on the resources brings Lowell Fire to 60% containment (VIDEO)
- High-elevation fires prompting change in Sierra Nevada forest management
- Local fire units quash vegetation fire on Litton Trail
- Lowell Fire in Nevada County closer to containment, reduction in firefighters
- U.S. Forest Service firefighter remains hospitalized after suffering serious burns in Lowell Fire