Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Rich Ulery: On paper, county budget tells a different story
- Authorities: Grass Valley man dies in Yuba County crash
- Home Design: Lisa Quinn brings renowned experience to Nevada City home store