Approximately 135 homebound seniors in western Nevada County rely on home-delivered meals with many more on the waiting list. The Meals on Wheels program is seeking volunteer drivers to help deliver meals to these individuals. All that’s needed is a valid driver’s license, a few hours one day a week and a genuine concern for seniors. For information, call Gold Country Community Services weekdays at (530) 273-4961.
- Grass Valley man arrested after alleged shoplifting incident leads to injured store employee
- Nevada City resident files class-action suit against Volkswagen
- Nevada City's Alpha building receives long-planned makeover
- Chaos theory: 'Active shooter' training prepares law enforcement for worst-case scenarios
- One arrested, two sought in Nevada County drugs, weapons case