The Northridge Restaurant in Nevada City will donate 10 percent of sales to “CJ,” a local border collie suffering from heartworm from 5 to 9 p.m. Oct. 15. While the condition is not fatal if treated, treatment is extremely costly. The donation includes “to go” orders. Donations can also be made online by visiting www.bcrescuenc.org.
- Authorities say Sacramento man tried to bring 800 lbs. of fireworks into Nevada County
- Placer County supervisors vote 3-to-2 to prohibit commercial medical marijuana grows and sales
- New scam illustrates need for vigilance with suspicious calls
- Nevada County drug-alcohol treatment facility to undergo renovations
- North Point student wins congressional art competition